Thursday, February 12, 2009

heading to the ocean

somehow, someway
and maybe it took more time than only a day
I can’t be sure of what’s even true
but some certain time, I fell under your spell like it was voodoo

you said my name like it was made from rose quartz
and I want to stay by your side so much that it hurts
there’s something in your essence that I simply cannot deny
I think maybe it was just uncertainty that made us feel shy

you look at me and I feel it like aqua chrome
and I feel that in you, I have finally found my home
and once upon a time, you called me a wild thing
as I held my breath and wished for what our future might bring

you make my heartbeat imitate racing rubies' speed
when I found you, my soul was undeniably freed
and your voice, I’d say that the very sound of it is music to my ears
so that whenever I hear you I’m relieved of all my fears

you’re essential to my existence, my very life
I think of losing you and I feel a physical ache from the strife
under the dark lights we looked at each other just to be near
and then your eyes and my heart said, loud and everclear,

let’s set this thing in motion and head to the ocean, my dear.

3 comments:

APLITghosts said...

i like it all but the last line. the rhyme works so well and it all seems very clear and honest and not cliche and then that last line i think betrays the integrity of the rest of the piece. what do you think. excellent job overall. it is sincere and sweet. i like it.

APLITghosts said...

lets set this thing in motion, and head to the ocean. and then the title change to the ocean too...no? yes?

Kaitlin said...

thanks! I kind of thought the last line threw it off too, I wasn't sure whether to include it or not. I like your suggestion about the ocean--it makes sense and also keeps with the rhyme. thank you!