Wednesday, September 17, 2008

as long as I am covered

this night, I dream of fear
my day begins, curled up, trying to stay hidden
I wake and see my walls around me
I am safe as long as I am covered

they say it's the day
let's celebrate, relax, unwind, let go a little
even a day like this
does not altogether alleviate anxiety

this day, I dream of winter chills
leaves turning red, orange, yellow, brown
winds forcing one into a warm retreat
a small materialistic dream realized in a coat

what is it that has gone wrong now?
I think of death, injury, regret, dreading what comes next
when the only worry is time, not mine and not expired
and I've forgotten to enjoy the present

answers will come in time
and things will fall into place
I am surrounded by comfort and stability
and I am safe as long as I am covered

No comments: